The present Town Hall building was built in 1786 at a cost of £2000. It was built on the site of St Andrew’s Chapel, following a fire in 1782 which gutted the original market house. The architect of the new building was … Read More...
Bridport Town Hall is now open to the public six days a week, following major restoration.
On permanent display, the historic interior includes important paintings and murals by the artist Fra Newbery, offering a glimpse into the history and heritage of the town. Visitors guides, audio guides and various children's activities are located on the first floor. The building also hosts a wide variety of community and private events and functions.